- 13hrs - "takes the teens-in-peril monster flick on a different spin and keeps the action and horror going, never really letting up"
- The Amityville Asylum
- Bane - "an impressive, original and skilfully crafted piece of sci-fi cinema"
- Bordello Death Tales - "flies the flag for the venerable subgenre of British horror anthology films with panache, verve, a warped sense of humour, a dose of gore and a splash of sex"
- The Casebook of Eddie Brewer
- Dead of the Nite
- Don't Let Him In
- Harold's Going Stiff - "beautifully acted, wonderfully directed, with fine indie-British production values that belie its low budget"
- The Harsh Light of Day - "a storming debut and a gripping, thought-provoking, serious, very British horror film"
- In a Dark Place
- The Machine
- Nazi Zombie Death Tales - "Never, in the field of indie horror movies, has so much scary fun been created by so few."
- Night of the Living Dead: Resurrection
- Outpost 11
- The Reeds
- Resurrecting 'The Street Walker' - "an imaginative, original, clever, gripping film ... a rare realistic look into the British film industry"
- Sawney: Flesh of Man
- Shame the Devil
- Silent Night, Bloody Night: The Homecoming - "will give slashers fans precisely what they’re looking for ... it hits its targets"
- Slasher House - "individual and distinctive ... attempts something different with the hackneyed tropes of slasherdom"
- Stag Night of the Dead - "if your blood alcohol level is high, your mates are jovial and your pizza has just been delivered... this film could satisfy you"
Friday, 25 July 2014
25 British Horror Revival titles available on TheHorrorShow.tv
Online horror source TheHorrorShow.tv continues to be a good place to find some of the best new British horror. Their current list includes a full 25 BHR titles, as detailed below - with links to my reviews where they exist. (NB. The site does fall down somewhat on its tagging,m so their 'British horror' tag omits a lot of these and includes a couple of decidedly non-British films.)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment