Wednesday 27 February 2013

Urban Terrors nominated for Rondo Award!

I am thrilled to report that my book Urban Terrors: New British Horror Cinema has been nominated for Book of the Year in the annual Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards. The Rondos have been going for more than a decade now, recognising excellence in films, DVDs, magazines, websites, models and all other aspects of classic horror.

I know that Urban Terrors won't win: partly because the tastes of Rondo voters skew heavily towards older movies; partly because it's up against some terrific volumes including books by Jonathan Rigby, John Hamilton, Kirk Hammett and Ray Harryhausen; and partly because it only came out in December and hardly anybody has bought it.

So I'm under no illusions, but nevertheless it's immensely pleasing to receive my second Rondo nomination (my first was a few years ago for a feature I wrote for Video Watchdog).

Anyone can vote for the Rondos. You can find the full ballot and voting details on the awards website.

No comments:

Post a Comment