Thursday 20 September 2012

Festival round-up 7: Grimmfest

Grimmfest this year has the world premiere of Menaj Huda's Comedown (with Q&A) and is also screening Cockneys vs Zombies, Grabbers (see: they say it's Irish but Mayhem says it's British... I just want to see it), Before Dawn and - blimey, when did this escape? - the UK premiere of Andrew Goth's Gallowwalker!

Also UK shorts The Other Side (Alex and Oli Santoro), My Brother's Keeper (Jen Moss), Yellow (Ryan Haysom), Welcome to Leathermill (Russell England), The Raven (Jenny Longworth), The Cleaner (Ben Edmonton and Sam Twyman), Sunday Best (Clive Tonge) and Dysmorphia, the debut short by Andy Stewart of AndyErupts.

Grimmfest is at the Dancehouse Theatre, Manchester over 4th-7th October.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I thought I'd never see Gallowwalker emerge - the loss of Chow Yin Fat, the change of name (I'm pretty sure this used to be The Wretched), Wesley Snipes on the run from the IRS in Namibia and the presence of DDP all seemed to suggest this was cursed. Hell one or two of those would be enough to sink a normal film (OK I'm being mean about DDP, he wasn't too bad in The Devil's Rejects, but I'm sure there is a law about wrestlers in films).

    Now all we need to do is watch it, but it has been 7 and a half years since I got excited about this and I've a horrible feeling this isn't going to live up to expectations (which should lower mine enough that I might not be too disappointed whenever it becomes available)

    ReplyDelete